Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recipe: Lemon Grilled Salmon

Spring is here (with Summer temps, lol) so that means more time will be spent outside. Which ultimately means, GRILLING SEASON HAS BEGUN!
Grilling always seems like an adventure, even though it is the same as regular cooking. Now your just outside with a different type of stove.
And cooking, well I'm all over that! I mean, you gotta eat! So you might as well eat good! And quick. I just love how my cooking skills have evolved to the level where I can easily create a delicious meal that takes no planning and can be done with a baby on your hip! LOL!
I owe all skills to watching Food Network and Cooking Channel everyday for the past 10 years, literally. You can learn so many tips and tricks just by listening.

So here is a quick recipe that I used this past Mother's Day. It was a big hit with my mom and the rest of the fam.

Grilled Lemon Salmon

What you need:
Salmon - 4 servings (skin or no skin)
Olive Oil (type of your choice)
Lemons - 2
Garlic Salt (or regular if you don't like garlic)
Pepper
Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (optional)

Image from previous blog post


  • Using a bit of aluminum foil, make a sheet-like square in which you will use on the grill to put your fish on. I mostly do this so the fish won't stick or fall through the grates.
  • Slice lemons medium thick. 
  • Spread lemons out on aluminum foil and coat with olive oil. Place this on the grill to get some color on the lemons.
  • While lemons are cooking, season the salmon with a little olive oil and spices. Season to your taste.
  • Once lemons are a bit brown around the edges, remove them from the foil and set aside.
  • Place salmon on aluminum sheet (skin side down if you they have skin).
  • Put grilled lemon on top of the salmon.
  • Cover grill and let cook for 12-15 min or desired done-ness.
  • Remove from grill and serve over lemon noodles or plain rice.


I loved this recipe! It was easy for me to think up and to execute. The fish was moist and flaky and lemon-ney, lol!  I will definitely be doing this one again before the end of the summer. Let me know if you gave this recipe a try and you like it (or didn't).

Nicole Charnel


More recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment