Monday, May 27, 2013

Recipe: Grilled Quesadillas

On my way to pick up my loves the other day and got a craving for quesadillas. Strange, I know but stranger cravings have happened (I mean, I have been pregnant twice; cravings are real, lol).
But I didn't want just any ol' quesadilla...I wanted a Red Robin Quesadilla. Yes...
They are filled with gooey cheese, seasoned chicken, onions, mushrooms, bacon, n peppers...YUM!
Unfortunately, Red Robin no longer serves these pockets of delicious-ness. So my 2nd option, create my own! I may not be crafty but I can definitely do some DIY on a stove or grill.
So the rest of the ride, I planned and created my recipe.

Grilled Quesadillas




What you need:
Flour Tortillas
Seasoned chicken (cooked)
Shredded Cheese
Mushrooms, sliced and diced
Bacon (cooked)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salsa (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)
TIP: When I cook during the week, I want it to be as quick and easy as possible. Therefore, I bought all my ingredients (except the mushrooms) pre-cooked. This speeds up the cooking process. However, it may not be the healthiest option because you are using processed foods sometimes.

  • Preheat your grill.
  • Using a pan on grill top, melt your butter and brown your mushrooms. Set aside.
  • Arrange your remaining ingredients next to the grill, this will make the assembly of the quesadilla quick and easy.
  • Place two tortillas on the grill to toast.
  • Flip one over (once toasted) and start to add your ingredients; cheese, chicken, bacon, mushrooms, cheese.
  • Place the other tortilla (toasted side down) on top the filled tortilla.
  • Press together with spatula or pan and flip whole quesadilla to toast.
  • Remove the quesadilla when cheese is melted and tortilla is toasted to your liking.
  • Slice, top with salsa, sour cream or enjoy it plain.






They were delicious! The brand of chicken I used, Tyson Southwestern Seasoned Chicken, I have never had before but the seasonings were great. I will definitely be using them again. And the addition of the bacon and mushrooms was spot on. The great thing of about things like quesadillas is your can add basically whatever you want to make it your own or to fit the taste you want.

I think I may grill for the whole spring and summer. What do you think? The best part is D can play outside while I cook. Gives him something to do, wears him out for bedtime, and makes my afternoons a bit easier. SCORE, lol.

Nicole Charnel


What's your favorite quesadilla?


No comments:

Post a Comment