I thought I wouldn't like it...boy, was I wrong.
Love it! On the grill at least.
I was described to me as a cross between broccoli and green beans. My two favorite veggies in one? Yea, I had to try it!
If you like asparagus, check out my recipe below.
a bunch of asparagus
garlic (1-2 cloves, minced) or garlic powder (1 tbsp)
olive oil (or butter)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
Note: Summer time, I love lemony everything! I incorporate lemons into a lot of my dishes. So it can be added or left out, whatever your personal preference.
- Take one stalk out of the bunch, gently snap off the end and use as a guide to trim the rest (or just trim off the bottom 1 1/2 to 2 inches). Also, if they are thick stalks, peel them
- In a bowl (large enough to toss the asparagus), mix garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Add asparagus to bowl and toss to coat each stalk.
- If adding lemon, drizzle desired amount of lemon juice and/or peel over asparagus.
- On heated grill, place asparagus in one layer and grill till slightly browned (approximately 8-10 min).
- Remove from grill and let cool.
This recipe works great in the oven as well. Roasted veggies are a great comfort in the cool winter months so keep this one in your recipe book.
Pictured with Lemon Salmon and Butter Rice (recipe coming soon).
Give this one a try! I promise (as long as you like asparagus) you will enjoy this recipe.
Have your tried any new veggies lately that you are loving?