Friday, June 28, 2013

Recipe: Grilled Asparagus


Asparagus.
I thought I wouldn't like it...boy, was I wrong.
Love it! On the grill at least.
I was described to me as a cross between broccoli and green beans. My two favorite veggies in one? Yea, I had to try it!
If you like asparagus, check out my recipe below.

Grilled Asparagus

Ingredients:
a bunch of asparagus
garlic (1-2 cloves, minced) or garlic powder (1 tbsp)
olive oil (or butter)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
lemon (optional)
Note: Summer time, I love lemony everything! I incorporate lemons into a lot of my dishes. So it can be added or left out, whatever your personal preference. 
  • Take one stalk out of the bunch, gently snap off the end and use as a guide to trim the rest (or just trim off the bottom 1 1/2 to 2 inches). Also, if they are thick stalks, peel them
  • In a bowl (large enough to toss the asparagus), mix garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper.
  • Add asparagus to bowl and toss to coat each stalk.
  • If adding lemon, drizzle desired amount of lemon juice and/or peel over asparagus.
  • On heated grill, place asparagus in one layer and grill till slightly browned (approximately 8-10 min).
  • Remove from grill and let cool.
This recipe works great in the oven as well. Roasted veggies are a great comfort in the cool winter months so keep this one in your recipe book.

Pictured with Lemon Salmon and Butter Rice (recipe coming soon).

The garlic and olive oil are a great and classic combination that gives flavor and compliments natural flavors. Delish! I've had it three times already this summer, lol!
Give this one a try! I promise (as long as you like asparagus) you will enjoy this recipe.

Nicole Charnel


Have your tried any new veggies lately that you are loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment