Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Own Personal Nail Salon (Haul)

When I was younger, I use to paint my nails every weekend. I wasn't great at it and often got frustrated with my rough looking manicure. But I was faithful about it!
I loved new colors. Straight nails. Fresh looks.
Of course, as I got older, I started going to the nail salon with my mom and getting tips.
From then on [high school through college] I was obsessed and slightly hooked to acrylic nails and designs.
I fell off a little after college, but after my first child I just right back on the wagon.
I would get them done whenever I had the time and the money.

And then...I started this natural hair journey...

I don't know what it is about healthy natural hair but it makes you want to be NATURAL and HEALTHY all over!
Not just your hair!
At least that is the effect it is having on me...

Wednesday I named my nail day!
I had to go to Walmart anyway for some baby stuff, so of course pick up some things for my mani.
And then for some reason when I got back to work, I realized I needed more, smh...this promoted a stop at Rite Aid on the way home as well.
So here is what I ended up with...

SN: Always grab some bobby pins, they like to disappear, smh.
Not too much...and that is mostly because I have done this before [decided to go all natural with my nails only to relapse in a week and go get a full set, tragic]. Therefore I already had a lot of what I needed.


Of course I had to get some more nail files and tools [like bobby pins, files walk].

Also some colors. The brand is Ice, the yellow is called 'Excuse Me' and the white is 'Superstar'.

Now the top coats by Kiss. This was one of my favorite purchases. These top coats not only protect but also change the finish of the polish. There is a high gloss, a shimmer, and a matte. Can't wait to try the matte.

Lastly is the 'Dry & Go Drops'. LOVE! The worst part of the manicure is waiting for your polish to dry, ugh! Yes, I am impatient...but also, I have two children! Sometimes I don't have 15 minutes to wait for my nails to be 100% dry. Now this liquid doesn't dry them 100% but it does like 80%. It drys the surface and prevents the dings and the imprints. But you can still tell the the polish under the top coat could still use some time. Still saved me 10 min; I just turn on the fan, put my hands in front for 5 minutes and DONE!


This is the manicure I did last night. Isn't it cute! And definitely fresh, love that. Looks salon professional! My mom even asked me this morning, 'When did you go get your nails done?' HA! Fooled the beautician.

I also found a great YouTube vlogger that gave some great tips! Check her out: A Love Tart: Beauty Blogger. This gave me great success compared to last time I tried my own manicure [epic fail]. Now I feel like I can do my nails anytime! I am so excited to try some new colors and watch my nails grow...YAY!

New addiction...just maybe...

Nicole Charnel

What nail polish brands or colors are you loving right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment