Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Product Review: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

A great deep conditioner is a must-have in any naturals hair arsenal. Whether your repairing your hair or moisturizing your healthy hair.
Here is another deep conditioner that I have heard a lot about and wanted to try as soon as possible.

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque


Product Overview (directly from Target website):
      The Shea Moisture organic raw shea butter deep treatment hair masque contains a rich blend of argan oil, vegetable glycerin, sea kelp extract and avocado oil. It has shea butter extracts, which deeply moisturize and repair damage to your hair and scalp. Also helps protect your hair from heat and styling damage. Ideal for all hair types.

Benefits (directly from Target website):
      This rich treatment deeply moisturizes and repairs hair, while providing a protective barrier for the hair from heat and styling aids.

My Opinion:

      I liked the price of this product, usually between $8-$12. Very budget friendly. It also smelled good, to me. It has a shea butter and argan smell. Very natural and clean, which I like.  Another plus, the organic ingredients. Good if you are all about the ingredients.
      However, the result after use were not great with me. I have heard plenty of rave reviews but I just wasn't impressed. The first two times I used it, my hair was ok, not super soft but manageable  The third time I used it, my hair was almost straw-like. Like it was stripping my hair. The last time I used it, it was worst. Smh. I put it down after my hair turned out so dry that I had to use an additional conditioner.
      Even though it didn't turn out well for my hair, there could have been reasons why. One, too much protein or not the best kind for my hair. Also, I could have left it in too long. The directions say 5-45 min. The longest I left it in was overnight, but all other times no more than 45.
      All in all, I wouldn't recommend this product to someone who has my hair type and a possible protein issue. However, there are plenty of other great reviews for this DC so don't knock it till you try it!

Nicole Charnel


Do you like Shea Moisture products?

No comments:

Post a Comment