Monday, September 29, 2014

The Daniel Fast: The Start

I am starting the Daniel Fast in two days. September 8th. By the time you are reading this, I will be finished with the fast though.
For personal and spiritual reason I didn't want to share my post while I was fasting because its not about the attention or the accomplishment. Its about the FAST.
But I still want to share my experience and thoughts. Maybe even a few recipes.
Possibly to encourage someone that may want to fast in the future.

For those who don't know, the Daniel Fast is a time for spiritual reflection as well as physical detox. For three weeks, you pray and meditate on Christ or a particular thing you want to take to God. As well as you only eat fruits and veggies.
If you want me to go further in depth, just ask. But otherwise, HERE is a great website that helped me a lot.

So this is my 3rd time doing the fast and I am doing it with my two sisters, Natasha & Jessica.
September 8th to September 28th.
I'm nervous as always, but that is a good thing.
I have already wrote my first grocery list and will be going shopping later today. I will be sure to share my groceries, things I'm cooking, how I'm coping, advantages to meditating, and anything else you all might want to know.

Even though this is after the fact, feel free to comment below.
As Always, Thanks for Reading.
Nicole Charnel


No comments:

Post a Comment