Thursday, January 8, 2015

Honey Sprouts w/Bacon [Thursday Throwdown]

This is not my personal recipe but I adapted it a bit. And I make these every week...like every week.
Simple easy and quick recipe. And as a single mom of two, I need all the quick recipes I can get!

Here is what you need:
4-5 Strips of Bacon
A Frozen Bag of Brussel Sprouts [Or a pound of fresh]
Garlic Salt
Montreal Steak seasoning [Or Black Pepper]
Honey [2-4 tbsp]

Now for the steps...
Cut the bacon and fry it in a pan [Try to use a pan with a lid, will need it later] over medium heat.
After the bacon is crispy, remove it from the pan and set aside. Keep drippings.
Add frozen brussel sprouts to the drippings.
Season with salt, pepper, and cover pot.
Once sprouts have browned slightly, turn down to low heat.
Keep covered till sprouts are to your desired doneness.
Add honey and stir.
Serve and sprinkle with bacon.

Like I said, this recipe is a huge favorite of mine and I hope you give it a try. If you like it, let me know or send me a pic at #ChefCharnel on Da 'Gram!
As always, thanks for reading!

Nicole Charnel




No comments:

Post a Comment