Tuesday, February 18, 2014

BEAUTY: DIY Tinted Moisturizer

I do love a good foundation and flawless application. Very glamourous, smooth looking skin.
But there are days when you just don't want to go through all the steps to get there. Plus the possibility of a heavy face.
Sometimes you just want the light feeling of moisturizer...with coverage? Is it possible?
This is where products like BB creams, CC creams, tinted moisturizers come in. Light versions of foundation. Meant to improve and protect your skin, as well as keep it's natural look and coloring. 
This is also why these products don't come in as many colors and shades. They are meant to be just enough coverage, to allow your natural color to come through. 
The down side to this (in my opinion) is it is hard to get a color that is close enough. That doesn't look chalky and artificial
After searching high and low, only finding a high end and out of my price range solution, I have decided to be resourceful and mix my own. 
It was super simple! Here's how I did it.

All you need is :


  • A moisturizer
  • A full coverage foundation
I also used a BB cream. It was the deepest shade at my drugstore but it was still to light for me. So I added it in as well. That way I am using up the product and it's not a waste of money. 

Also determine how much coverage you want. If you want light coverage, use more moisturizer. Medium, use equal parts. And more full coverage, use more foundation. 

I wanted medium. I just mixed equal parts moisturizer, BB cream, and foundation in my container. 

   


It didn't combine it completely but just enough. Then I dotted it on my face and blended it out like I would my normal foundation.


It turned out beautifully. Medium coverage and a light-weight feel.





Let me know if you try it and how it works for you!
As always, thanks for reading!


Nicole







No comments:

Post a Comment